The methodology and the work plan will be based on the following tasks:
- Task 1. To investigate the selection of met-ocean oil spill scenarios by means of data mining techniques.
- Task 2. To further advance in the probabilistic application of 3D oil spill numerical models
- Task 3. To investigate the application of Markov chains and autoregressive logistic models for hazard assessment.
- Task 4. Development of methodologies for hazard assessment of oil spills due to deep blowouts, deep and/or surface oil spills coming from offshore facilities.
- Task 5. Application of the methodology to the Deepwater Horizon (Gulf of Mexico, 2010).
- Task 6. Dissemination and Outreach.